Monday, March 14, 2011

New Old Fabric Balls

I have purchased several old quilts over the years, some in good shape, others not so good.  I decided to use a not so good one for a little project.   I cut the quilt, which I forgot to get a picture of, into 1/2" strips and started making fabric balls.



I have a new appreciation for anyone that has made very many of these.  It took me a little bit to figure out a good technique for making these.  Wrapping them as tight as I could was the trick.   That and a couple of drops of hot glue to secure the loose ends. 

The biggest problem I had was keeping the dog away from them - he thought I was making him some toys. 

Linking to:

Making  Savvy Southern Style















A Glimpse Inside

9 comments:

  1. they are adorable. thanks for sharing this at my party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS! Come on ova' and link up to my Linky Party! xoxokara


    *ENTER LINKY PAR-TAY Here! *

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabric from the old quilts. Rag balls never go out of style. I have some in my kitchen right now. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute idea!! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! Thanks so much for linking up to my Catch a Glimpse party! Would you please add a party button to you post? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well I'm your newest follower,, love the blog,,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha!!! Maybe you can make him some out of another old quilt! :) Thanks for sharing this on Fancy This Fridays this week as well!

    ReplyDelete