Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Copper Watering Can and Ketchup Spice

Yesterday we trekked up to Garnett & Ottawa to hit the antique shops and flea markets.  We hit several in Ottawa and just two in Garnett.  My mom collects pink depression ware and found a mayo scoop and a cherry blossom coaster.  It's nice to see mom treat herself once in a while.



I found this great copper water sprinkler. I passed it up the first time through but latched on to it the second.  I'm so glad I did. 



I also found a couple of older spice containers.   I just liked the chili powder one and I've never seen ketchup spice before.  Both will find a nice home in my kitchen.



I also snagged this little wooden finial for a couple of bucks.  It was just sitting there all lonely, desperately in need of a home - my home!  




I got a few other goodies but they will have to wait for another time.

5 comments:

  1. You did a really great job! Thank you for sharing this at Masterpiece Monday. Have a great week, Mary :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found some lovely things. The watering can is great. Such a pretty color. And I just love finials! I would've bought that in a minute. Love it. I'm your newest follower. I hope you can stop by Cottage and Creek and follow back. I love seeing what others are collecting. You bought some winners!
    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some great finds. I have never seen a ketchup spice one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want go junkin' with you! great finds. thank for sharing this at my party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds!! I drive thru Ottawa from time to time, my mother lives in Lawrence & I am in OK. I always say I am going to stop at those lovely shops & never do. I need to make time to this summer, we just might run into each other. :) Thank you for linking to my K.I.S.S. blog bash this past week. I so appreciate you taking the time to share your charming finds. Tomorrow is another blog bash, please drop by & share more of your inspiring ideas and stuff!

    Drop By The Tattered Tag

    ReplyDelete