Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Junkyard Trellis

I went to the junk yard with the hubby the other day.  He was looking for some sheet aluminum for one of his projects and I was just looking.  It amazes me the stuff you can find out there and I didn't even venture too far as I had on ballet flats.   Several trucks came in with stuff I was desperate to go through and I saw several goodies I would have loved to have - washtubs in particular - they make such good planters. 


In my "stay on the gravel" nosing around I spotted this gem hiding between some dragon embellished lamp posts.    It stands about 8 foot and it's going to be a trellis for a rosebush in our yard.  It was a steal at $4.00.  Bryan had to do some spot welding to reattach some of the scrolls to the frame otherwise it was good to go.


 
I briefly thought about sanding it and giving it a shot of black paint and then I came to my senses.   Why mess with the nice rusty patina?   



I have a date with him this Saturday to go back.  This time I'm wearing my boots not ballet flats!

19 comments:

  1. AMAZING! Serioiusly glad I found you on the blog hop... Hoping you'll stop by and follow me back.
    www.victoria-nouveau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely find! My cabin fixer upper came with lots of junk outside, and I'm planning to use the junk for gardening projects. Your junkyard shopping sounds fun to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hiya oohhh why can i never find goodies like that in a junk yard ? it fab , tfs
    xmaggiex

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would also love some old washtubs!!! Thanks so much for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh that is so neat! I have a nice big bed out front I would love to find some of this kind of stuff for. I would be delighted if you would link this to my VIP party this weekend =) http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/04/vip-party-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking this up to my VIP party this week =) Cheers! Sommer

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cant waite to see it in the garden...Boots are always a good idea for the junkyard..........Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good choice--in rust we trust! Thanks for sharing at Beyond The Picket Fence.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, there! Thanks for linking up at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :) Yes, the trellis at $4 is a great deal. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cool! I am on the lookout right now for some trellises. Great score. Following you from Creative Blogger's Party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oops wrong button! ;)

    i've never even thought about scouring the junkyard for cool stuff! but I'm going to start now!!

    http://megschmitt-neveradullday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like Meg wrote, I never thought of the junkyard as a great place to look for such treasures. Thanks for sharing this at the Sunburnt Cow link party. :)

    Cheers,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice find! Can't wait to see what treasures you uncover when you've got your boots on! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful find.. Looks like the sail of a boat....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good junk yards are getting harder to find.
    I can tell you have a good eye and can see potential.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello! I am visiting from Debbiedoo's newbie party.

    What a great find! My DH would never, ever, ever take me to a junk yard! You are very lucky!

    I'm your newest follower; hope you visit my blog and follow me, too!

    ReplyDelete