Friday, May 13, 2011

Fettuccine Alfredo

If you are on a diet or are just trying to eat healthier – stop reading now.  This recipe is full of fat and calories, but man is it good!  I highly recommend a crusty French bread and an empty stomach. And maybe a salad if you have guilt. 

Introducing the main players of today’s recipe:



Yep - real butter.   Heavy cream.   Parmesan Cheese.  Pasta.
(I told you - lots of fat & calories!) 



We start by cooking the pasta to al dente according to the directions on the package. 

Drain.

Start the sauce.   I use the same pot I cooked the pasta in.






Start by heating the butter and cream over medium heat, stirring often, until the butter is melted. 



Add 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.  I usually buy the pre-grated stuff – feel free knock yourself out if you want to and grate your own.  Add ¼ teaspoon of salt and a heavy dash of pepper.  Stir until sauce is blended and smooth. 



Add the drained noodles to the creamy goodness and toss until pasta is well coated. 



Serve this up in a pasta bowl or plate  and top with grated cheese and some parsley.    Or you can just eat it straight from the pot. 

Here’s the actual recipe:

1 pound Fettuccine  
½ cup butter (please please please don’t use margarine)
2/3 cup heavy cream
1 ¼ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
¼ teaspoon salt
dash pepper (or a little more if you so desire)
chopped parsley (I used dried but fresh would be better)

*CLEAN UP NOTE:  After served up, before you dig in – get that pot filled with hot soapy water!  Otherwise the sauce coagulates and become a real pain to clean.    



linking to:  http://craftomaniac.blogspot.com/2011/05/craft-o-maniac-monday-link-party_15.html
http://todayscreativeblog.net/
http://www.tipjunkie.com/handmade-projects-add-yours-6/
http://www.linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/
http://annkroeker.com/

21 comments:

  1. Yum yum.. thanks for sharing and the tutorial is very clear and well done... I love the recipe and especially the *Clean up Note*!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, boy, do I love fettuccine alfredo! You're right, though, it's a splurge dish calorie-wise (though easy prep). Thanks for the tutorial...and temptation! I guess you did warn us at the beginning.

    Pardon me while I root around in my fridge to see if I have any cream....

    (and thanks for linking to Food on Fridays!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks so good! I want to make it for dinner, I'll have to go see if we have all the ingredients. very yummy.

    I'm a new follower!
    kathryn
    www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds amazing! A little indulgence never hurt anyone ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, does that ever look good! Can't wait to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so tasty! It is one of my sons favorite so I'll have to try this recipe out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks so good... It was funny because I was reading this and thinking... yeah, thats me.... I am trying to diet, how on earth are you going to make this dish healthy. Then bam... damn it you had to go tell me to stop reading. Seriously that is like telling a kid no. So of course I read it and want the dish even more now. Hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks delicious! Alfredo is my favorite pasta!

    ~Jessa
    www.jessajill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum!

    Cara

    http://miscellaneousme.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw you on tip junkie! This looks so yummy. Thanks for sharing.

    Emily -- www.bitsofeverything.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. YES to real cream, butter, parm! If you are gonna eat you have to eat the real thing ;) Thanks for linking up to Eat, Grow, Sew!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is delicious! Thank you for sharing with us at CBPH :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so easy! I will be making this next week...thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I made almost this exact recipe last night and could not get the cheese to blend in...it tasted ok but there were little cheese chunks everywhere. I tried cooking it longer, but nothing seemed to work. Any tips? :) I would love my alfredo to look as pretty as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Fettuccine Alfredo looks delicious. I wish I had some right now. You have a great blog and I am your newest follower! Thanks you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. what an awesome recipe delicious

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hmm.. This looks so yummy!
    Thank you so much for sharing this @ {nifty thrifty sunday} last week as well!
    Hugs,
    Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi! Thanks for linking up this week to Tasty Tuesday! Hope to see you back next week! http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete