Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Artist

My oldest daughter, whom I will refer to as Rose, has taken a liking to drawing. And photography. Personally, I think she is doing a great job - she's not afraid to get down and dirty when taking the pictures and is expanding her drawing into different mediums.   Here are a few of her recent projects:

This is a chalk drawing she did at my mom's  house on Easter weekend.  The picture doesn't show the entire drawing, she did the entire body and had a ball dong it.



This is what she gave me for Mother's Day.  Rose is on the left and Birdie is on the right.  I'm not sure what this type of drawing is called but I love it.  I can tell which character is which daughter since she added some realism to her work.



This second one is an "inside family joke".  All I can say is that Birdie is a Mario Brothers fanatic and I hear this a lot when they play the game.



As for photography, Rose takes her camera all over the place.  She has gotten some great pictures of family.



and she enjoys taking pictures of nature and just random stuff:




A majority of the pics in my posts are taken by her.   She does such a good job!  Thanks Rose!

2 comments:

  1. She has some real talent with both crawing and photography! I wish I could take pics that look that nice! or draw anything besides a stick person lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow she is good!!! Hi, Im Meme from Screaming Meme...I want to personally invite you to come visit my blog and sign up for my Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Giveaway! I hope to see you there! Now, I am off to read some of your lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete