Sunday, June 26, 2011

Cinnamon Munch

Want to earn some “mom points”?  Here’s a quick easy snack that scores me some good mom points.   Cereal, butter, sugar, cinnamon - Yum.



Start by melting 4 tablespoons of butter.  I use real butter in cooking, always.   Anyhow, put 4 tablespoons of butter in a large pot. Add 1/3 cup white sugar and 1 ¼ teaspoons of cinnamon.




Over medium heat, stir until melted. Stir constantly, you don't want this to burn. Remove from heat.




Add 3 ½ to 4 cups of crunchy rice (rice chex) cereal.  Stir (fold) until cereal is coated. 



Cool on waxed paper.  This stores well in zip lock bags.



I always make two batches of this as it disappears fast at our house.  I don’t recommend making a double batch as it is hard to coat 7 or 8 cups of cereal at one time.


Here’s the actual recipe.   Please note that I don’t follow the directions, I melt the butter, sugar and cinnamon together, it just works for me. Plus it's not as messy when they eat it, no sugar granules all over the place.



CINNAMON MUNCH

1/3 cup sugar
1 ¼ tsp cinnamon
4 tbs butter
4 cups rice chex.


Melt butter, add cereal and coat.  Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.  Mix.


Lining to:

Cherished Bliss Simply Cadence J Embllish Moms cooking cravings Eat - Grow - Sew A Bowl Full of Lemons Mouthwatering Monday  Craft Couture R They All Yours All Things Fee Sew Chatty Singing Three Little Birds DIY Home Sweet Home Mad in Crafts Simponized Crafts and Then Some  Crafts Keep Me Sane ife Made Lovely Making the World Cuter Dittle Dattle Boogie Board Cottage Sumo's Sweet Stuff  Skip To My Lou C.R.A.F.T. Craft - O - maniac Embellishing Life  Polly Want a Crafter Homemaker on a Dime Southern Hospitality THe Girl Creative The Trendy Treehouse  Its a Blog Party Me Making Do Santa Gift Shoppe Pinkapotamus Organize with Sandy  Todays Creative Blog A Stroll Thru Life  Tuesday at the Table   Tempt Me Tuesday  Savvy Southern Style  The Thrifty Home  Whatever Wednesday Sunburnt Cow Sugar & Dots  Laugh Love and Craft  My Girlish Whims  Rook No 17  Hump Day Link Love  Creations by Kara  Tearose Home  Sister Stuff  Lil Luna  Sew Much Ado  Goodbye City Hello Suburbs  The Thrifty Home  Twin Dragonfly Designs  Passionatley Artistic  Polka Dots on Parade Handy Man Craft Woman  Element Interiors  Saved By Loves Creation  Home Sweet Farm  un Day Friday  ery Merry Vintage Style ttle Brick Ranch Foodie Friday  Food on Fridays  Friday Pot Luck  Simply Sweet Home  Home is Where My Story Begins  Frugal Fabulous Design  Just A Girl  Remodelaholic  Common Ground  Fun to Craft  A Little Knick Knack  Turly Lovely  My Romantic Home 
The Girl Creative  Finding Fabulous  Fingerprints on the Fridge  The Shabby Nest  Chic on Shoe String  Momma's Kinda Crafty  Creation Corner  Iron Violet Designs 
It's A Hodgepodge Life  Stuff and Nonsense   Lovely Crafty Home  Spunky Junky Sweet Tooth Friday  Bacon Time with the Hungry Hippo

31 comments:

  1. this sounds so good, I'm making this tommorow ,, not for my kids , they're away living on thier own,, first batch for me,, yum,, then this will be a great addition to gift boxes,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely be giving this a try. We have a road trip coming up in the next week and I think this will be a perfect snack for the drive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfect snack...I'm sure my kids would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm, this sounds yummy...wouldn't it be good with honey instead of sugar Great idea! Thanks for sharing with us at Eat, Grow, Sew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my yumminess! I am your newest follower! I would love it if you would follow me back?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds tasty!!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks yummy & easy enough for my girls(15 & 12) to make on their own! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so good. Would come over and share some of your recipes at my link party Cast Party Wednesday tomorrow?
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I featured you again for Eat, Grow, Sew :0! Thanks for linking up your great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you posted this! You've reminded me that I have about 4 boxes of Chex that needs to get used up.

    I'll have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ah! You are killin' me! I'm supposed to be on a diet . But, these look soooooo scrumptious . Perfect sweet snack!

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks great! yum!! Come on over and share at my food party: tasty Tuesday. http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/2011/06/make-your-own-pitas-and-tasty-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this! So addicting. We always like to make this treat on Sunday nights and watch America's Funniest Videos. Thanks for sharing!
    xoxo
    amy

    ReplyDelete
  14. this looks so yummy and completely addicting! I found your blog through a link party! I love finding new blog friends with great recipes! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Real butter is far superior to that "fake" stuff any day...I could totally make this GF for my boys for a treat...good call with the mom points!

    Thanks for linking up to Creative Juice! Have a happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yummy! I'll have to try this. Thanks for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse party.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Snack mixes like this are one of my favorite afternoon snacks.

    I'd love to have you share this recipe on Sweet Tooth Friday. I hope to see you there. http://alli-n-son.com/2011/06/30/4th-july-dessert-lemon-bars/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweeeeet. :)

    Thanks for linking to Food on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Snowflake,
    Wow this will be a great treat to sit out for a snack during the holidays. It looks yummy! Thank you for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and come back soon. Have a great week end!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  20. That munch sounds addictive. I wish I had some now. I wanted to invite you to come over and share your recipe at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight that I host each week. Have a great day :)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'll definitely make this for my granddaughter who has Celiac Disease. It's gluten-free!! Ya-hooo!!
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds yummy and so easy! Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yummy, thanks for linking to Bacon Time!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yummy. Great alternative to puppy chow. Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  25. #1 over ere could NOT get enough of these. I had to take it away from him- a very unpleasent screaming sistuation- but they sure are yummy! Thanks for linking to WorkShop Wednesday! Hope to see you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. love snack mixes like this thanks for sharing come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Mmmm...I feel a family movie night and your cinnamon munch coming on!

    Thank you so much for linking up to last week's "A Little Birdie Told Me...". My apologies for the belated vist -- with July 4 falling on a Monday, it threw my whole schedule off, and I'm just now making the rounds to visit the party-goers from that week. Best, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very nice indeed! And very easy to make, thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete