Saturday, June 25, 2011

Local Flea Market Run

I try to hit the local flea markets at least once a month. Sometimes I strike out but I scored this weekend. 



I started at a new place called The Market Place.  It’s an amazing place, lots of great stuff some affordable and some a little out of my price range.   Of course I didn’t have my camera with me so I only have pictures of what I purchased. 

I found this Snow Crest Orange Syrup tin for a cool $3.00.    I’ve never seen this one before and it will go great in with the rest of my collection.  It’s one of the smallest non-spice tins that I have, as it’s only 3” tall and 2” round.



I also purchased a couple of blue Atlas canning jars with zinc lids that were half price. I didn’t photograph them, we all know what they look like.

Next I moved on to the Treasure Chest just over on the east side of the square where I found the second tin of the day and a huge old mixing bowl. 

This tin is larger and is for a product I can truly say I have never purchased and probably never will.   Pork Liver.  The tin is a little rough but since I’ve never seen one for pork liver and it was only $4, it came home.  I think it will make a pretty good planter; the potted plant in my kitchen fit in it perfectly.



This mixing bowl is huge and I am sure it will come in handy for a huge batch of tater salad on the 4th.  I was prepared to pay full price and was pleasantly surprised when I got to check out – half price baby!



My final stop was at Brooklyn Park Flea Market where I found the coffee dispenser.  The jar has great graphics and plastic lid is in perfect condition.  The lid has a rotating flange inside the lid that portions out the ground coffee and the top lid just pops off to dispense the grounds. 


Now I need to get it all put away before Mr. Manly Man starts asking questions!


21 comments:

  1. great finds,,best part,, you putting away before questions are asked,, too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great finds! That bowl will be awesome for tater salad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the old stuff too, the graphics on the tin pork livers, loving it. I'm your new follower 128. Come over for a visit.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the mixing bowl I have a small collection of bowls myself come visit me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. would love to find an old tin like that - looks so cute as a vase

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the orange syrup can:) What are you going to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore the pop of color in your items... so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great finds. i LOVE the tins

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finds. I just bought a Woolite tin can last week and I haven't figured out what to do with it yet. I like the plant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet you had so much fun! Thanks for linking this up to my Organizing link party.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great finds. I have a swifts veal livers bucket that I bought a couple of years ago at a garage sale. I originally picked it up as a joke for my husband. It held 15 pounds of veal livers...yuck! What were people thinking about back then.

    :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. You found some treasures!! I'm blog hopping and found yours! What a picture!! :) I'm now following and would love for you to check out my blog and follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What great finds! I'm a sucker for an advertising tin! Those are great. LOVE the mixing bowl! Come by when you get a chance.

    Back Porch Blessings,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great finds!!
    Thank you so much for linking it up to {nifty thrifty sunday} last week!
    Hope to see more of your creativity tonight! :)
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eeewww... I'm real sure that I wouldn't want to eat pork livers, either! LOL But I DO like your re-purposed tin into a plant holder! I have an old Quaker Oats tin that I'm using in the same way. You can see it
    HERE. Found you while blog hopping w/Blue Creek Home.
    :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wonder how many of us have had to hide things from our hubbys!!! I certainly know that I am guilty - fairly often!!!!
    I love what you found - the little orange can is great! Thanks for coming to THT.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really great finds. I love the vintage graphics on these. Thanks for linking it up to Home Sweet Home! Have a great 4th weekend.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great vintage finds!!! Funny about the pork livers! Thanks so much for sharing at the Tuesday To Do Party!
    Smiles!
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, friend! Happy 4th of July :) Btw, I'm admiring all your creative posts here. Can you please share them at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute finds! Thanks for linking this post to Share the Love Wednesday; hope you'll be back this week--
    Mary

    ReplyDelete