Saturday, October 8, 2011

Simple Fall Decorating

If you haven't noticed, I'm on a pumpkin kick this fall.  It's not my norm.  I usually just get 4 decent pumpkins for jack-o-lanterns and call it good.  This year I went a little overboard.  I made ribbon embellished mini pumpkins, a mini pumpkin wreath and some mini pumpkins with bling.   I also purchased some great mini gourds, some pumpkin pie size pumpkins and a few larger ones.   I figure some of this will last all the way to Thanksgiving.    Even better - it's easy and pretty cheap. 

My youngest daughter decided to arrange the pumpkins and gourds. 



The older daughter said I need to do candy corn candles that she saw over on Pinterest when she was looking over my shoulder the other day.  I found the small glass handle holder at Wally World in the crafty section. 



  We decided where it should go and grabbed a couple of pumpkins and set them up on an end table. 



Not too shabby for a couple of teenagers!



11 comments:

  1. I love decorating for fall! All you need is a few pumpkins and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see all of the autumn themes... I think fall is everyone's favorite season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that candy corn candle holder! Great work from your daughters! So nice when your kids get in on the crafting too!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your simple decor believe I will be trying the candy corn candle

    ReplyDelete
  5. we really need more natural fall decor in this world! Come check out a yarn flower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey girl! Im all about simple:) this is simple...yet adorable. i love it! I may try something similar! thanks for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute! I don't like to eat candycorn. But, they look super cute to decorate with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's time for decorations! I love how easy these are! Bring on the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wanted to let you know that I'm giving you The Versatile Blogger Award!! Keep up the great work!!
    http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/10/everything-under-moon-has-been-awarded.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy it's fall!! Great decorations!

    ReplyDelete