Sunday, November 13, 2011

Grapevine Christmas Tree

I started my Christmas projects and shopping the other day!  I know, it's not even Thanksgiving, but our Thanksgiving will be very low key this year and I am totally ready for the Christmas Season!

I've been picking up tree cones, bells, trinkets, scrapbook paper and lots of other Christmas themed craft items for the last several weeks.  One of my finds was a grapevine cone at 40% off from Hobby Lobby.  Plus HL had 50% off all Christmas the last few times I've been there!  I scored some great stuff. 


My first project was the grapevine cone.  I used tiny red bead garland and some shiny silver balls and made this cute little tree. I used hot glue here and there to attach the garland to the tree and then randomly hot glued the silver balls onto the tree.   Total decorating time was around 45 minutes and total cost was less than $10.00.



Not only have I been on the ball with Christmas crafts - I have also been on the ball with Christmas shopping.  I have all my nieces and nephews done and the one big item for each of our girls is also complete.   You have no idea how stress free the season will be for me!  I still get to find some more special items for my girls and hubby but the hard part is done. 


12 comments:

  1. I usually have a bit of shopping done by now but since I do most of it online, I feel less stressed out.

    Your tree is just precious...thanks for the directions!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that little tree! and wow! you're so far ahead with your Christmas shopping already! Well done!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! i love the grapevine cone with the bead garland. So darling! You are so on the ball for Christmas. I need to get going!! I am a new follower!
    www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that awesome tree, soo cute..I'm Marilyn and your newest follower from http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com ...Such an inspiring space you have here..I love it..Off to indulge a bit..Hope you can link up this awesome project via my pin'inspirational Thursdays morrow :)) TY..Wishing ya an awesome day..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for linking up to Upcycled Awesome. This is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need a grapevine tree!
    (be sure to link back to my party)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tree - I am also anxious to get out my decorations. And I have also completed most of my shopping...I like to enjoy all of december, without any stress or shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving your grapevine tree!! It looks wonderful! I'd be thrilled if you came and shared your fabulous tree at the Head to Head Showdown, going on right now at www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com
    ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for linking up! ~Jen @ www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. ..i really enjoy your blog....
    ..keep it up men!

    *_* maica *_* Buy and Sell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! Hobby Lobby is so great. I would love to have you link up at my Handmade Christmas party!

    http://cupofdelight.blogspot.com/2011/12/link-party-delightfully-handmade.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. i want to have grapevine cone with the bead garland in my house!

    - nina

    ReplyDelete