Monday, September 3, 2012

Bacon Pancakes

Pancakes.  A weekend staple at our house.  I’ve been making them from scratch for a good 20 years and the whole family likes them.  I’ve changed it up by using whole-wheat flour, adding chocolate chips and once I tried blueberries (I was the only one who liked the blueberry).   I was inspired by pinterest where they used a full strip of bacon and poured the batter over it.  Today, I used bacon bits.
 
I had a partial bag of Oscar Meyer bacon bits and simply sprinkled the bacon bits in the batter.  It took a little longer to cook the pancake completely.  You can add as much or little bacon as you want. 


 
Usually when I change things up a bit, I am met with a little resistance. Today all it took was butter and syrup and they dug in with no hesitation.  Thumbs up from the family! 

 
 

Here’s the recipe I use for my pancakes
Pancakes
1 egg
1 cup flour
¾ cup + 2 tbs. Milk
1 tbs. white sugar
2 tbs. vegetable oil
1 tbs. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
 
In a bowl, beat the egg until fluffy.   Add remaining ingredients and beat until combined and there are no lumps.  Cook on a 350-degree griddle until golden brown.  Serve warm.
 
Since my kids are teenagers, I usually double the recipe so there is enough for everyone.  Leftovers, if there are any, reheat really well.  Enjoy!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment